Advanced Yoga Teacher Training: Choose from our 8 Majors
RYT 300 ॐ RYT 500
MAIN EMPHASES OF ADVANCED TEACHER TRAINING
1) Inner development: advancement in yoga is most importantly in the nervous system; therefore we emphasize the practice and teaching of breathing techniques and meditation
2) Strengthen a broad skill set: it takes a variety of skills to teach others: touch (bodywork, anatomy), communication (NVC), understanding (yoga sutras, sanskrit) and assessment (ayurveda)
3) Develop one-on-one teaching skills (yoga therapeutics, personal training, private yoga instruction)
4) Choose a major of your own we have 8 majors to choose from
- ayurveda yoga,
- hot yoga,
- ashtanga vinyasa (power flow) yoga,
- energetic shakti flow
- restoratvie yoga
- yoga philosophy
- thai yoga massage
- general studies
$7195 RYT 500. See our new teacher trainee page for details on beginning. You complete our 200 hour program first, and then begin your 300 hour (200+300=500)
$4495 RYT 300 (which makes you an RYT 500 if you already are RYT 200).
Minimally we require a $495 deposit. If you are not paying in full upfront, we charge a 5% installment fee if using checks (which would be $200 on a $4000 balance, for example), or 10% if using credit card ($400 on a $4000 balance).
You can use paid yoga teaching at the school toward the balance owed, but most people need to pay some amount each month. You must contribute at least $300/month from all sources,.
How do I start? We have open enrollment - you can start tomorrow! You can even come observe our training before you commit.
Orientation every Wednesday night at 6pm. Any sincere student curious about the teacher training can come any Wednesday night.
How long does it take? It could be finished in as little as 9 months, or take as long as 3 years if needed.
What are the dates? We have teacher training related coursework every day. We believe in long term, repetitive, hands on study and learning. Your credit hours by subject are for you to do at your own pace. We are flexible with exact subject requirements while strict around total hours and Yoga Alliance standards,
TRANSFER STUDENTS: evaluating your current teaching skills
For those of you who did your RYT200 training elsewhere, we schedule a teaching class for you to show us what you do (similar to our foundation level 1 class). You may need to work on a few things (verbal cues, physical adjustments, for example) to pass. If there are things to work on, you will have an apprentice class that you teach weekly to work on those things. You are not paid for those classes, it is a part of your training, which is included as a free addition to your 300 hour program. If you do apprentice teach, you will receive feedback and clear instructions on what skills are still needing to be formed.