Yoga + ayurveda retreats offer a truly relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. Return home invigorated and inspired to resume your weekly routine and important role in the world. A retreat also offers an opportunity to practice close to senior teachers, to practice unhooked from one's responsibilities, to practice as a soul on a spiritual journey. We choose locations carefully and emphasize simple spiritual and outdoor living when selecting.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico ॐ Jan 15-19, 2018 ॐ $449 ($299 < 9/30)
San Miguel de Allende is a stunning small colonial city located 4 hours northwest of the capital in the rolling hills of central Mexico. Once a prominent market town and the birthplace of Mexico's independence from Spain, it fell into decline and became a near ghost-town in the late 1800s. What remained became frozen in time, and it was declared a "historic and protected town" by the Mexican government in 1926. Gradually re-discovered by writers & artists, the city's historic cobblestone streets and adobe walled-buildings are now brimming with shops, cafes, & art galleries, and the city regularly finds itself atop "world's best" lists.
Daily Retreat Schedule (all optional if you choose more retreat time)
- 830-930 a yoga 1
- 930-10a breathing
- 1015-1145a yoga lab
- 1145a-630p free time for exploring San Miguel
- 630p-730p yoga 2
- 730-8p community supper - suggested $5-10 donation
- 8-930p curriculum on ayurveda, yoga philosophy, questions and answers
Must pay in full by 10/31/2017
San Miguel de Allende in 60 seconds
The studio for the retreat, Float Sano, is located in the historic center of San Miguel at Hernandez Macias 12. The studio is newly built with floor to ceiling windows and an adjoining roof terrace, and houses a spa with float pods, infrared sauna, and massage space below.
1) Fly to Mexico City (MEX) + 4 hour bus ride to San Miguel de Allende. This is usually the cheapest option - average plane ticket is $350 RT from IND. First class busses in Mexico are well-equipped with toilets, spacious reclining seats, and individual movie screens. Bus ticket is around $25.
2) Fly to Queretaro (QRO) or Leon (BJX) + 1 1/2 hour shared shuttle to San Miguel de Allende. These are both smaller airports, in opposite directions but the same travel time to San Miguel. Plane tickets currently around $500 RT from IND, can range from $400 - $700. Shared shuttles are easily arranged to/from either airport for around $29.
As a popular tourist destination, San Miguel de Allende abounds with lodging options. Our retreat location is in the historic center of San Miguel. Some nearby options include:
1) La Catrina Hostel (~$20/night)
This hostel is located in the historic center, 3 blocks from the studio. TripAdvisor 4+ stars
2) Hotel Monteverde Best Inn (~50/night)
This hotel is located in the historic center, 1 block from the studio. TripAdvisor 3+ stars
3) Case Nare (~100/night)
This hotel is located in the historic center, 2 doors from the studio. TripAdvisor 5 stars
(Formerly known as Casa Arbol)
CURRICULUM HEAVY FOR TEACHERS SEEKING EDUCATION (optional)
2 yoga practice classes and 2 curriculum classes per day (all optional)
This retreat is an opportunity to receive high quality training hours, if desired
Evenings free to go on your own adventures!
NEARBY OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Horseback riding tour to organic farm + gourmet meal
Mountain bike tours