San Miguel de Allende, Mexico ॐ July 4-8, 2018 ॐ $399*
5 day / 30 hours study / Yoga + Ayurveda + Philosophy + Breathing/Meditation 100 (basic) level
*Early bird pricing $399 before 6/1. After $499.
Additional 25% off for Santosha TT / 50% off for Santosha teachers
Price includes: Tuition, light breakfast, evening snack
San Miguel de Allende is a stunning small colonial city located 4 hours northwest of the capital in the rolling hills of central Mexico. Once a prominent market town and the birthplace of Mexico's independence from Spain, it fell into decline and became a near ghost-town in the late 1800s. What remained became frozen in time, and it was declared a "historic and protected town" by the Mexican government in 1926. Gradually re-discovered by writers & artists, the city's historic cobblestone streets and adobe walled-buildings are now brimming with shops, cafes, & art galleries, and the city regularly finds itself atop "world's best" lists.
Daily Retreat Schedule (all optional if you choose more retreat time)
- 830-930a yoga 1
- 930-10a breathing
- 10-1030a light breakfast included
- 1030-12 yoga lab
- 12-4p free time for exploring San Miguel (lunch on your own)
- 4-5p yoga 1
- 5-545p meditation
- 545-7p snack, curriculum on ayurveda, yoga philosophy, questions and answers
San Miguel de Allende in 60 seconds
The studio for the retreat, Float Sano, is located in the historic center of San Miguel at Hernandez Macias 12. The studio is newly built with floor to ceiling windows and an adjoining roof terrace, and houses a spa with float pods, infrared sauna, and massage space below.
1) Fly to Mexico City (MEX) + 4 hour bus ride to San Miguel de Allende. This is usually the cheapest option - average plane ticket is $350 RT from IND. First class busses in Mexico are well-equipped with toilets, spacious reclining seats, and individual movie screens. Bus ticket is around $25.
2) Fly to Queretaro (QRO) or Leon (BJX) + 1 1/2 hour shared shuttle to San Miguel de Allende. These are both smaller airports, in opposite directions but the same travel time to San Miguel. Plane tickets currently around $500 RT from IND, can range from $400 - $700. Shared shuttles are easily arranged to/from either airport for around $29.
As a popular tourist destination, San Miguel de Allende abounds with lodging options. Our retreat location is in the historic center of San Miguel. Some nearby options include:
1) La Catrina Hostel (~$20/night)
This hostel is located in the historic center, 3 blocks from the studio. TripAdvisor 4+ stars
2) Hotel Monteverde Best Inn (~$50/night)
This hotel is located in the historic center, 1 block from the studio. TripAdvisor 3+ stars
3) Case Nare (~$100/night)
This hotel is located in the historic center, 2 doors from the studio. TripAdvisor 5 stars
(Formerly known as Casa Arbol)
CURRICULUM HEAVY FOR TEACHERS SEEKING EDUCATION (optional)
2 yoga practice classes and 2 curriculum classes per day (all optional)
This retreat is an opportunity to receive high quality training hours, if desired
NEARBY OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Horseback riding tour to organic farm + gourmet meal
Mountain bike tours
Visit the “Americans Traveling Abroad” page of the U.S. State Department website to see if the country you’re visiting requires a visa. There, you’ll view the specific “entry requirements” for that nation.
Typical visas range in cost from $50 to $200.
While a travel visa may not be required, many countries have specific travel requirements beyond the bullet points provided above that you must meet in order to enter your destination country.
Vaccinations for travel is a personal choice. Feel free to consult with your medical professional.
The CDC divides travel vaccinations into three categories: routine, recommended, and required. The only vaccine classified as "required" by International Health Regulations is the yellow fever vaccination for travel to certain countries in sub-Saharan Africa and tropical South America.