Ayurveda means knowledge of life. It is thousands of years old, offering hundreds of generations of proven wisdom. This health care system considers human health care to be "gardening". You are the most important gardener.
(1) The first step in gardening is to learn about how the five great elements affect gardens:
- (space+air) are responsible for all movement for an organism
- (fire+water) are responsible for all transformation within an organism
- (water+earth) are responsible for all structure + lubrication
(2) The second step in gardening is to learn what kind of seed I am, as different body/mind types need to be gardened differently. Not all humans are the same type, and no treatment/diet is for everyone. In Ayurveda we always ask, "for whom and when?".
(3) The third step in gardening is to identify the climatic forces and circumstances that are influencing my garden. Climate, season, age, diet, lifestyle, home situation all play significant roles in this.
(4) The fourth step in gardening is to design a realistic gardening daily work plan that takes into account:
- what kind of creature am I?
- how have I become out of balance?
- what will I realistically have time to do?
An ayurveda consultation is truly holistic:
physical body - diet, lifestyle, herbs, massage techniques, cleanses, exercise, yoga postures, specific to your age, body type and condition
energetic body - sleep schedule, breathing techniques, menstrual care - specific to your age, body type and condition
emotional/relational body - identifying the limiting patterns in relationship life, learning a communication technology for changing you
intellectual body - identifying life guiding philosophy that aligns with your belief structure, committing to a plan to align yourself with that through a healthy daily routine
spiritual body - learn how to claim space in your home, life, and community for meaningful connection to God - as you understand God. We excel at translating the esoteric into simple and practical.
Ayurveda Health Consultations are done by Skype-Facetime-Phone
Email our Ayurvedic practitioner here: Pierre Couvillion (email link) or call the school at 317-405-8248 and leave your preferred contact method.
After you schedule your consult, please complete our health history form.
We have the form in three formats, which you can download here:
Email a completed copy to our Ayurvedic practitioner here: Pierre Couvillion (email link)