Crestone, Colorado ॐ June 7-12, 2018 ॐ $265
4 day / 12 hours study / Yoga + Ayurveda 100 (basic) level / register at Earthknack.com
with Pierre Couvillion
Price includes: Tuition, primitive living skills tuition, supper, camping, much more
no discounts available - pay Earthknack
The 28th Annual Earth Knack Family Gathering will be held at the Earth Knack School Site in Crestone, Colorado. Spend time in the outdoors learning fun and useful skills! Camp in the woods along the banks of pristine Cottonwood Creek. Earth Knack staff and guest instructors will offer top quality instruction in a variety of outdoor living skills, survival skills, pioneer and homesteading skills, ancestral weaponry including bow and arrow and atlatl, astronomy and navigation, over the fire cooking, plant and animal fiber felting and weaving, edible plants, medicine plants, beekeeping, and blacksmithing. Classes will run 9 to 4 daily. Special Tours of the San Luis Valley meteor impact site, a tracking class at The Great Sand Dunes National Park, morning birding walks, harness and horse buggy hitching classes, swimming in the creek and astronomy night programs are available. Hiking trails directly from the Earth Knack School site into the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness, with mountain hiking, alpine lake fishing and 14,000 peak ascents for those inclined. Several hot springs areas within a 45 minute drive. Penitente Canyon climbing and mountain biking area is 1 hour across the valley.
Dinners provided. Music and stories around our evening campfires.
Plenty of classes and activities to choose from every day!
Adults $265 (daily rate available $68)
Transportation to and from Crestone is up to you.
Please print out or write down these directions and bring them with you to Earth Knack. Do not rely on a GPS, Google Maps, or any other device to get you to the school site; most have incomplete road data for the Baca Grande.
From the north (Denver, Salida, Buena Vista):
1. Take US Highway 285 South over Poncha Pass and into the San Luis Valley.
2. At the intersection of US-285 and CO-17, turn left onto CO-17 (follow signs for the Great Sand Dunes National Park).
3. Follow CO-17 South for 13.5 miles into the town of Moffat.
4. Turn left onto County Road T (you will see a sign for Crestone).
5. Follow County Road T for about 12 miles. At the fork, turn right onto Camino Baca Grande into the Baca Grande Development.
6. Follow Camino Baca Grande for 2 miles, over Willow Creek, and turn right onto Camino Real.
7. Follow Camino Real for 1 mile, and turn left onto Wagon Wheel.
8. Follow Wagon Wheel for 2 miles, over Spanish Creek, and turn left at the stop sign onto Camino del Rey.
9. Follow Camino del Rey for 3/10 mile and turn right onto Carefree Road.
10. Follow Carefree for 2/10 mile and turn left onto Enchanted Way.
11. Follow Enchanted Way for 1/2 mile and turn right on Cordial.
12. Follow Cordial for 2/10 mile, over Cottonwood Creek, and take the first left onto Rarity Way.
13. Drive 200 feet on Rarity Way and Earth Knack will be on the left. Park in the cul-de-sac marked Lovers Place.
From the south (Alamosa):
1. Take CO-17 north toward Salida.
2. Turn right onto County Road T (you will see a sign for Crestone).
3. Follow steps 5-13 above.
From the east (Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Canon City):
1. Take US-Highway 24 West -OR- US-Highway 50 West toward Salida.
2. At the light in Poncha Springs, continue onto US-Highway 285 South toward Alamosa.
3. Follow steps 2-13 above.
Most people will camp onsite. You are welcome to consider finding a hotel or rental in Crestone.